The first of our wonderful our School of Magic packs, this is to be used alongside the first Harry Potter book (the Philosopher’s Stone).
What’s inside the School of Magic Pack?
Your child will:
- Cast spells of invisibility with super science experiments
- Practise converting currency with Galleons and Sickles
- Send notes by owl
- Explore reflection and refraction, Snowy owls, aerodynamic, acids & alkalis in individual projects
- Create a cosmic calming jar
- Use transfiguration to transform words
- Hop on their broomstick to fly around the world and discover iconic landmarks
- Learn how to care for owls
- Learn how to draw dragons
- Study potions
- … and more!
Without realising, your child will be developing skills such as:
- Reading and comprehension skills
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematical) skills
- Critical thinking
- Imaginative & creative play
- Art & design
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Maths facts and number skills
- Research and presenting data
When you purchase this pack, not only do you get a wonderful learning experience for your child but you also get an extensive support document for yourself to help get the most out of the pack.
What age is the School of Magic Activity Pack suitable for?
Our age recommendation for this pack is approximately 7-12; children should be mature enough for the content of the book. However, we always say that ability is very subjective; older or younger children may well love exploring the wonderful world of magic through our activities, and the tasks can be completed to your child’s own level.
Do I need anything else?
Some of our activities require resources that you may not have readily at home but can be purchased inexpensively online or at the supermarket.
Is this a book or pdf file?
This product is available as three options- a hard copy, an instant download and a combo of both. You can pick your own postage to suit your individual needs at checkout.
If you purchase the digital file please be aware that not all pages require printing. Our packs are bright and vibrant to make them appealing to children and as such it may not be economical to print them in their entirety. Many pages are suitable to be read on a device without the need for printing.
The print quality of the hard copies is far superior to a home printer and they are professionally bound with thick, wipe-clean covers.
Anything else I need to know?
Some of the activities in this pack may require the use of scissors, knives and hot cooking equipment so please ensure children are supervised appropriately.