Our Literacy Yearbook is ideal as a template for children to explore and delve deeper into their favourite books. It has been designed to be a ‘blank canvas’ with gently guided activities so children can express their thoughts and ideas about the books they read. We’d love your child to add borders to pages, to doodle as they think, to colour in the pictures and add whatever creative splashes of colour they feel like.
What’s inside the Literacy Yearbook?
Your child will:
- Choose a book each week for 39 weeks to reflect the school year (or however often you like)
- Write reviews about books they have read
- Enjoy a mix of fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts
- Hone comprehension skills
- Learn about imagery, rhyme, story structures and more
- Explore a mixture of guided activities, with freedom to express themselves while learning
- Develop their vocabulary
- Use their senses (not just sight!) to explore the text
- Build an understanding of verbs, adjectives and adverbs
- Learn about how settings and characters make a story
- Explore sentence openers, connectives and punctuation
What age is the Curiosity Yearbook suitable for?
Our age recommendation for this pack is approximately 7-11 years. It is suitable for children who would like to explore texts- perhaps their favourite books- with guided activities.
Do I need anything else?
You will need to help your child gather books to explore through the activities.
Is this a book or pdf file?
This product is available as three options- a hard copy, an instant download and a combo of both. You can pick your own postage to suit your individual needs at checkout.
The print quality of the hard copies is far superior to a home printer and they are professionally bound with thick wipe-clean covers.