Our ‘Legendary Literacy for Minecrafters’ pack for ages 7-12+ is perfect for developing confidence and language art skills through the wonderful world of Minecraft!
What’s inside the Legendary Literacy Pack?
Your child will:
* Create their own comic strips
* Decode secret messages using pigpen cypher and Morse code
* Write magazine articles
* Independently research rainforest and desert biomes
* Complete Minecraft Lego challenges
* Have fun with Minecraft themed recipes
* Explore amazing creatures – axolotls, foxes, ocelots, pigs and pandas
* Build fine motor skills with mazes, colouring and drawing
* Experiment with designing mobs, mods and updates
* Engage in debates
* Create a PowerPoint slide show about mobs
* Make a mini book ‘Beginner’s guide to Minecraft’
* Display their knowledge with reading comprehensions and factsheets
* Design an interview for Mojang
* Independently learn about blocks – obsidian, granite, sandstone and andesite
* Work on story ideas using story starters
* Write a postcard from The End
* Explain Minecraft to an alien
* AND LOTS MORE!
Your child will be developing literacy skills including:
Developing their vocabulary, learning about settings, studying characters and following instructions. Your child will lead their own research, present their findings, give their considered opinion and reasons for it. They will have the chance to create their own resources, teach others and develop their comprehension skills. They will undoubtedly improve their writing, become a more fluent reader and increase in confidence in their own ability. They will have opportunities to write for many different purposes throughout this pack, all of which are centred around the wonderful world of Minecraft. All these tasks plus mazes, colouring and drawing will improve their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. There are also many opportunities for reading throughout the pack, activities which encourage remembering details, following instructions and recalling facts.
What age is the Maths for Minecrafters Pack suitable for?
Our age recommendation for this pack is approximately 7-12+ years. However, we always say that ability is very subjective; what will be right for one child won’t necessarily be right for another of the same age. It is suitable for a large variety of ages. Young children can be read to and scribed for or use pictures as responses. Older/more confident children can work independently and respond to tasks in greater depth and detail. The pack is suitable for even the most reluctant of writers as it beautifully focuses on Minecraft rather than writing!
Do I need anything else?
In order to get the most from this curriculum we suggest providing your child with safe internet access for research, PowerPoint, a Minecraft story book and the other resources listed within the pack (ingredients for recipes, Lego and paper for example).
Is this a book or pdf file?
This product is available as three options- a hard copy, an instant download and a combo of both. You can pick your own postage to suit your individual needs at checkout.
If you purchase the digital file please be aware that not all pages require printing. Our packs are bright and vibrant to make them appealing to children and as such it may not be economical to print them in their entirety. Some pages are suitable to be read on a device without the need for printing.
The print quality of the hard copies is far superior to a home printer and they are professionally bound with thick, wipe-clean covers.
Anything else I need to know?
Some of the activities in this pack may require the use of scissors, knives and hot cooking equipment so please ensure children are supervised appropriately.